- Pro Volley Ball. There is always a game to watch whether it be a group of friends, college tournament, or professional competitions. Finding a needle in a haystack is easier than finding an open net during the summer time in the Beach Cities!
- Manhattan Beach Pier. Gorgeous views of not only the vast Pacific Ocean and beautiful homes along the shoreline, but there is also the Roundhouse Marine Studies Lab & Aquarium, which is dedicated to teaching students and visitors about the oceans, marine life, and the environment. http://www.roundhouseaquarium.org/
- The Strand House. Delicious brunch, dinner, drinks (try the Sunset Over Manhattan) and you can’t miss the breathtaking views of Manhattan Beach and its Pier. Arrive right before sunset and enjoy a relaxing evening. Make a rezo on the weekends, as this place can get booked up fast! http://www.thestrandhousemb.com/
- Simmzy’s. Banh Mi Tuna is my favorite Tuna Fish Sandwich and don’t forget to save room for their homemade dessert – S’mores Chocolate Pudding, which is also pretty incredible! http://www.simmzys.com/
- The Shade Hotel. A fun and local favorite for happy hour, especially on Fridays. It’s a cute boutique hotel that fills up fast. I hosted a party here and the staff was super friendly and accommodating. Plus, it’s smack in the heart of Downtown Manhattan Beach and just blocks from the beach. Can’t beat this location! http://www.shadehotel.com/
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.