- Del Cerro Park Hike. There are stunning panoramic ocean views while hiking your way up and around the mountains. You might even cross paths with a local horse backrider. palosverdes.com/rpv/recreationparks/DelCerro/
- Terranea. LA’s Oceanfront Resort. A nearby weekend retreat “treat.” Nelson’s has fabulous drinks and food and the views are simply outstanding! Plus, there is always something fun to do on the property and down by the ocean. http://www.terranea.com/
- Palos Verdes. Drive along the coast. After a long day on the job, it’s a beautiful, mind-calming ride along the ocean.
- Palos Verdes (or Rolling Hills Estates) Ice Chalet. Ice Skating, Figure Skating, Shows, Recitals, and Ice Hockey. Search on Groupon or Living Social for a $10 coupon to enjoy an hour of ice skating! http://www.palosverdesicechalet.com
- Point Vicente Lighthouse & Interpretive Center. One of the best places to watch whales migrating. It’s also home to a marine museum with a focus on history, geology, culture and marine life of the Peninsula. http://www.vicentelight.org/
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.