- Barnsdall Art Park. One of my favorite spots in Los Angeles. I love walking up to the great lawn – a perfect spot to watch the sunset. The views are amazing – you can see the Hollywood Hills, Hollywood sign and Griffith Observatory all the way to the ocean (on a clear day!). Plus you can get romantic with your picnic basket and attend Shakespeare in the Park in the summer! And check out Frank Lloyd Wright’s historic and amazing Hollyhock House; take the tour. http://www.barnsdall.org/
- Chocolate Sorbetto at the Gelato Bar. By far the absolute best chocolate gelato anywhere. So, so good. http://www.gelatobarla.com/
- Movies. Love! The Vista Theater and Los Feliz Three Theater –great films, venue, location and close to great eats for before or after the show!
- Griffith Park. Home to the observatory, and land of endless trails, perfect for hikes, scavenger hunts and picnics. Oh, here’s the best part. Did you know you can rent bikes up there on the weekends? Yup its a blast! They even have 3 wheelers, the ones low to the ground, vato loco meets speed racer style – check it out! A great escape from the city, and don’t forget to visit the cute cafe, Trails! http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/griffithpk/
- YUM! So many delicious places to eat! Sidewalk Grill offers the most delicious Salmon kabob, Vinoteca is a fabulous place to celebrate an intimate evening with wines & amazing appetizers. Green Leaves Vegan has soups so savory, I can feel the nutrients enriching my body every time I eat there. Dine outdoors on the enchanting patio of the Alcove Café with a great menu that’s sure to please everyone!
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.