We asked The Rental Girl’s Hermosa Beach leasing agent expert Danielle to name a few of her favorite things about Hermosa Beach:
- HB Pier. Sometimes, when I walk out to the edge and look out over the Pacific, I feel like I could be on a cruise ship. During the Fall months you can watch whales migrating. Often you can spot a pod of dolphins or a colony of sea lions swimming by. Don’t forget to turn around and gaze over our stunning city, Hermosa Beach!
- Hermosa Cyclery. You must have a GO TO bike shop when you live in the South Bay, and this is definitely my go to! They have fixed my bike up on several occasions and it’s always a great deal. They have sales and rentals and they even go out of their way to offer you help with putting air in your tires! http://www.hermosacyclery.com/
- Crème de la Crepe on Pier Ave. It’s recently been remodeled and the food here is fantastic, no matter the time of day. A typical French restaurant, they have an outstanding Quiche and tomato soup. It’s a perfect start to the day when you can enjoy their Eggs Benny, a savory crepe and (sometimes) Amaretto coffee. http://cremedelacrepe.com/
- Patrick Malloy’s on The Pier. (Patty Malloy’s) A great place for pub food and mimosa brunch. It’s not that expensive, and if you arrive early enough you can fit all of your friends on the patio without waiting for a table to open up. http://www.patrickmolloys.com/
- Fiesta Hermosa. This 3-day festival rings in the Summer time on Memorial Day weekend and says “farewell Summer” on Labor Day weekend. Since 1972, it features about 300 different artists, crafters, and other vendors. The festival also includes kiddy rides and games, live music, a beer garden and food court. My favorite thing to do here is to consume a sausage sandwich and a lemonade. Go to the food vendor that has the longest line! http://fiestahermosa.net/
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.