We asked The Rental Girl’s Atwater leasing agent expert Ellie to name a few of her favorite things about Atwater Village:
- The LA River. One of the best hidden treasures of Atwater. It’s a 5-mile path lined with greenery and is home to birds and other wild life. It’s a picturesque path and calming place I’ve enjoyed so many times for a nice stroll. It’s also repaved with a smooth surface and brightly lit and popular with cyclists; although I bet it’s also perfect for roller skating, anyone want to join me? The biggest surprise is the kayaking! Yes, kayaking down the L.A. River!! http://lariverexpeditions.org/page_expeditions.php
- Atwater Community. It’s an old-school neighborhood with friendly people and pride of ownership; almost every street is lined with manicured yards and homes. It’s a place where you get to know your neighbors, kids play on the streets, people go for daily strolls and wave Hi! People come together as a community & participate in multiple events: the annual art walk, planting trees, cleaning the LA River and the tree lighting ceremony. I’m biased because I live here, I love it!
- Atwater Village Restaurant Bars and Cafes. Five Blocks of heaven! In such a short distance we have 17 cafes and restaurants and bars offering a world of flavors to please the fussiest of taste buds. Some of my favorites are: Atwater farmer’s market, 55 Degree Wine, Indochine Vien, Bon Vivant and the Village Tavern, the new kid on the block.
- Getting sweaty in Atwater. There are so many ways to get sweaty in Atwater. Crossfit 323 and Bikram Yoga are my favorites and you can dance your butt off at the Heartbeat House Dance Studio. My favorite class is the Bollywood dance class. It makes you laugh and sweat at the same time!
- Atwater’s proximity to all the goodies around us! Silver Lake is just across the bridge, Los Feliz is just a little north, AND Glendale is down the street featuring one of my favorite places to check out movies and hang out: The Americana. So much so close with goodies in every direction! I love it!
When moving from out of town, it can be very difficult trying to decide which neighborhood in Los Angeles to move to. “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things” is one series of blog posts brought to you by leasing agents at The Rental Girl to help educate you on the variety of colorful neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer.