We asked The Rental Girl’s Valley leasing agent Jennifer to take a few minutes away from helping clients nail down incredible apartments for rent in Burbank and name a few of her favorite things about the Toluca Lake and Burbank neighborhoods:
- Sushi Yuzu. The sushi here is no joke. Not only is their fish uber fresh, but they have some inventive and delicious rolls (and they are not drenched in mayo to achieve their flavors). Must-trys include the Lemon Roll and the Yuzu Roll.
- The food trucks parked on Warner Boulevard near the studios. If you put 3400 Warner Blvd, Burbank into your map, weekdays between the hours of around 11:30-2, you will find about 3-5 food trucks that vary by the day, parked on this little stretch of street, servicing all the Warner Bros. employees. But the trucks are open and accessible to the public! I have enjoyed the Poke truck and the Mac n Cheese truck, to name just a couple.
- Burger Night, Taco Tuesdays and Grilled Cheese Nights at Olive & Thyme. They feature some amazing things on these nights, but really every day of the week at this little eatery you’ll find food to die for. Check out their Facebook page for updates on Food Nights.
- Meatballs from IKEA. It’s the closest location to me, ’nuff said.
- Tony’s Darts Away. A pool table, games, and darts make this gastro-pub on an unassuming stretch of Magnolia in Burbank even more fun. With both vegan and non-vegan options, the food is just as good as the beer selection.
When moving from out of town, finding a place to live in L.A. can be overwhelming. “A Few of Our Favorite Things” is a series of blogs brought to you by the leasing agents at The Rental Girl. They are neighborhood specialists who can give you the skinny on the best places to live and play in L.A.